Sophia George is a native Houstonian and joined Ware Jackson in 2021. She graduated from Texas State University in 2015 with a degree in Political Science and received her Doctor of Jurisprudence from St. Mary’s University School of Law in 2018. A five-time national and regional moot court champion, Sophia was recognized as a top advocate at several competitions. In 2018, Sophia was inducted into the National Order of the Barristers and awarded the Patricia Scott award, — given to the best advocate at St. Mary’s. She also received the Excellence in Appellate Advocacy award from the State Bar of Texas — an award given to the top appellate advocates in the state. While in law school, Sophia also served as a Senior Associate Editor for the St. Mary’s Law Journal.
Prior to joining Ware Jackson, Sophia worked for a mid-size insurance defense firm where she handled a diverse portfolio of cases including first-party and third-party insurance claims, products liability, and medical malpractice. In addition to legal expertise, she brings relevant technical experience in the midstream oil and gas sector.
In her free time, Sophia enjoys serving as a guest legal analyst for various local and national news outlets, boxing, and exploring Houston’s vibrant art scene.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Best Brief, National Champion at the American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Regional Champion at the American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Best Brief, National Finalist at the Federal Bar Association Moot Court Competition
- Team Captain, Advocate, and Brief Writer, St. Mary’s National Moot Court Team
- Recipient of the State Bar of Texas Excellence in Appellant Advocacy Award
- Recipient of the Patricia Scott Award, Given to the best advocate at St. Mary’s University School of Law
- National Champion and Best Speaker, Federal Bar Association Moot Court Competition
- Regional Champion, American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Third Best Speaker, Appellate Lawyers Association National Moot Court Competition
- Third Best Speaker, Texas Young Lawyers Association Moot Court Competition
- Houston Bar Association – Gender and Fairness Committee
- South Asian Bar Association – Vice President of Community Outreach
- Houston Young Lawyers Association – First Generation Lawyers Committee, Co-Chair
- Mexican American Bar Association of Houston – Judicial Screening Committee